Remove the two nuts
securing the hose clamps for the wiring harness.
- For the later cars, only one nut and clamp
Remove the screws that
secure the bulkhead
- One 10mm on the US passenger side,
between the torque arm and the A.C. pipe
- For the '91 model, One T25 Torx on the US
driver's side, down behind the antilock relay box.
- The relay box can be
removed easily for access - pull it straight up off the brackets.
- For '93 and later, one at the top, just left of
the antilock relay box when viewed from the front
- For '93 and later, you'll need to disconnect the
vacuum hose and electrical connector from the MAP sensor at the top, US
passenger side (or unbolt the sensor from the bulkhead). When you put
it back together, DO NOT FORGET to connect BOTH the hose and the electrical
connector. I forgot to connect the hose once after a long procedure
and it cost an $85 trip to the dealer to get it diagnosed. I was
pretty damned embarrassed too!
Pull the bulkhead up
and out (it might be stuck; work it loose).
Use the browser's BACK